A dog bite is not only severe but can be fatal too. As per one research, one out of every five dog bites requires medical attention to prevent any sort of infection happening. Children and the elderly population are more prone to injury and infection. Children aged between 5-9 years are at highest risk of dog bites. Dog bites range from a minor scrape to severe impairment and even wrongful death in extreme cases. Hence, dog bites should be taken very seriously both medically and in terms of personal injury claims. An experienced dog bite injury lawyer can help you in claiming your deserved compensation under the circumstances of the dog bite.
“One Bite” Law: Many regions follow “One Bite” law. As per this law, certain dogs are given “One bite free” before any legal action can be taken. However, if the owner knows the possibility of a dog bite because of a certain breed, or because of its way of raising or its demeanor, then the bog doesn’t get a free bite. The victim in such cases can sue the owner, the first time itself. However, such claims are very difficult to prove and the victim has to provide …
Since 1872, Canada has come a long way in terms of employee rights. From the first annual Labor Day parade held in that year, the standard working hours in a week have reduced from 58 to a range of 40-48 hours. This is a clear demarcation that employment law practices have improved a lot, yet many employees still are not aware of their rights and obligations. Here are some of the helpful resources for you in this regard:
- Acts that protect Employment standards: Minimum work hours in a week, sick days, and vacation and severance provisions are the basic employment standards that are established by law and guarantees rights in the workplace. Approximately 90% of the employees and workers are protected by the employment laws of their province and each province has its legislation. The rest ten percent of employees work in places which are regulated federally and are administered by the federal labor standards.
- Acts That Cover Discrimination and Employment Equity: As per Canadian Human Rights Act (CHRA), an employer cannot discriminate employees based on gender, race, ethnicity, age, etc and this has been regularly upgraded. Also, as per the Employment Equity Act (EEA), women, disabled people, aboriginal people,
Many employees hire an employment lawyer on issues like reviewing job offer, discrimination, and harassment by the employer, pending payment disputes, wrongful termination, etc. All these matters can cause huge damage to the employer. That’s the right time when an employer should consider hiring legal services of an Employment & Labor Lawyer in Toronto. Following are the decisions when an employer needs advise:
1. Firing an employee: In case, if you need to fire an employee but is worried that an employee might sue, you should hire an employment attorney before you fire the employee. The attorney not only suggests whether the firing will be legal or illegal but also suggest the ways to minimize the lawsuit.
Here are a few situations when you seek legal advice on firing a particular employee:
- The employee has a written job contract that limits your right to fire.
- The employee has some due like retirement money, stock options and other benefits to be disbursed shortly.
- The employee has recently made a written complaint to the government body for any illegal or unethical activity happening at the workplace.
- The employee has recently made a written complaint against discrimination or harassment.
- If firing could
Everyone tries to make their married life happy. But, if nothing is working out, then divorce becomes inevitable. Sailing through this experience of divorce is extremely painful. However, this process can become smooth if you follow the certain tips from Divorce & Separation Lawyer in Oakville. Take a deep breath and keep the list of essential do’s handy to navigate through the divorce process easily.
- Hire a divorce lawyer: This is most important to do on the list. An experienced lawyer is necessary for making the divorce process smooth. He will represent you legally with all proper documentation and try to make proceedings faster. Don’t jump into “pro se,” (meaning “on one’s behalf”) case. This will led you to cripple and the proceedings will become slow. The divorce lawyer is buffer between you and your soon to ex-spouse and make the process smooth and fast.
- Keep living your normal life: Divorce is emotional and painful for many, especially when kids are involved. But don’t get this big word lies on your head. Keep meeting your friends, spend some time with your family members, refresh your hobbies, play games and most importantly don’t let your children feel your devasted situation.