A dog bite is not only severe but can be fatal too. As per one research, one out of every five dog bites requires medical attention to prevent any sort of infection happening. Children and the elderly population are more prone to injury and infection. Children aged between 5-9 years are at highest risk of dog bites. Dog bites range from a minor scrape to severe impairment and even wrongful death in extreme cases. Hence, dog bites should be taken very seriously both medically and in terms of personal injury claims. An experienced dog bite injury lawyer can help you in claiming your deserved compensation under the circumstances of the dog bite.
“One Bite” Law: Many regions follow “One Bite” law. As per this law, certain dogs are given “One bite free” before any legal action can be taken. However, if the owner knows the possibility of a dog bite because of a certain breed, or because of its way of raising or its demeanor, then the bog doesn’t get a free bite. The victim in such cases can sue the owner, the first time itself. However, such claims are very difficult to prove and the victim has to provide …
Since 1872, Canada has come a long way in terms of employee rights. From the first annual Labor Day parade held in that year, the standard working hours in a week have reduced from 58 to a range of 40-48 hours. This is a clear demarcation that employment law practices have improved a lot, yet many employees still are not aware of their rights and obligations. Here are some of the helpful resources for you in this regard:
- Acts that protect Employment standards: Minimum work hours in a week, sick days, and vacation and severance provisions are the basic employment standards that are established by law and guarantees rights in the workplace. Approximately 90% of the employees and workers are protected by the employment laws of their province and each province has its legislation. The rest ten percent of employees work in places which are regulated federally and are administered by the federal labor standards.
- Acts That Cover Discrimination and Employment Equity: As per Canadian Human Rights Act (CHRA), an employer cannot discriminate employees based on gender, race, ethnicity, age, etc and this has been regularly upgraded. Also, as per the Employment Equity Act (EEA), women, disabled people, aboriginal people,
Many employees hire an employment lawyer on issues like reviewing job offer, discrimination, and harassment by the employer, pending payment disputes, wrongful termination, etc. All these matters can cause huge damage to the employer. That’s the right time when an employer should consider hiring legal services of an Employment & Labor Lawyer in Toronto. Following are the decisions when an employer needs advise:
1. Firing an employee: In case, if you need to fire an employee but is worried that an employee might sue, you should hire an employment attorney before you fire the employee. The attorney not only suggests whether the firing will be legal or illegal but also suggest the ways to minimize the lawsuit.
Here are a few situations when you seek legal advice on firing a particular employee:
- The employee has a written job contract that limits your right to fire.
- The employee has some due like retirement money, stock options and other benefits to be disbursed shortly.
- The employee has recently made a written complaint to the government body for any illegal or unethical activity happening at the workplace.
- The employee has recently made a written complaint against discrimination or harassment.
- If firing could
Everyone tries to make their married life happy. But, if nothing is working out, then divorce becomes inevitable. Sailing through this experience of divorce is extremely painful. However, this process can become smooth if you follow the certain tips from Divorce & Separation Lawyer in Oakville. Take a deep breath and keep the list of essential do’s handy to navigate through the divorce process easily.
- Hire a divorce lawyer: This is most important to do on the list. An experienced lawyer is necessary for making the divorce process smooth. He will represent you legally with all proper documentation and try to make proceedings faster. Don’t jump into “pro se,” (meaning “on one’s behalf”) case. This will led you to cripple and the proceedings will become slow. The divorce lawyer is buffer between you and your soon to ex-spouse and make the process smooth and fast.
- Keep living your normal life: Divorce is emotional and painful for many, especially when kids are involved. But don’t get this big word lies on your head. Keep meeting your friends, spend some time with your family members, refresh your hobbies, play games and most importantly don’t let your children feel your devasted situation.
Divorce, separations, custody, access and parenting issues, child support, spousal support, property matters and variations of separation agreements and court orders are at the heart of family law. As most of these disputes are complex, they need an effective solution-oriented process. Oakville lawyers family law work with you to provide strategies that are best suited to fit the clients’ needs and circumstances.
We understand that separation, divorce and disputes can be extremely overwhelming not only for the individuals involved but also for their near and dear ones. Undergoing such a process can be extremely daunting, as there are not only feel involved that need to take care of but there are also responsibilities which need to be divided and underlying issues which have to be addressed.
As much as this is a legal process, it is also an emotional one. We understand the emotional transition that you may be experiencing through the process. As a legal counsel, our duty does not end with the end of the process. When undergoing a process we work with you to select a process which is the best fit for you and your circumstances.
We understand that parenting, custody and access battle …
Canadian immigration understands the importance of family and is in favour of working towards getting the family to live together. Every process has its own set of rules that needs to be followed. Parental Sponsorship Lawyers in Toronto will work with you to ensure that your family has the best chances of receiving a visa. Being experienced in immigration law, we will work tirelessly with you through the process of parental sponsorship.
What are the requirements of parental sponsorship?
When planning parental sponsorship there is a certain set of specific requirements that need to be fulfilled. If these requirements are fulfilled it would strengthen your case and increase the chances of your application going through. The requirements for parental sponsorship are as follows.
- Stable Financial Condition: In order to be able to sponsor, it is crucial that you provide evidence of your financial stability. Your financial standing can be used in your favour in the parental sponsorship application if in case your parents are not able to provide for themselves. You should be able to provide them with basic living requirements like food, shelter and clothing.
- Enter into an agreement with the government of Canada: If you are sponsoring your
Driving under the influence of alcohol or other drugs is a traffic offense in Fort Walton Beach (FWB). If your blood alcohol content (BAC) is above the limit of 0.08, you are guilty of a traffic offense and can be convicted. The charges are usually hefty, and you should consider hiring a DUI lawyer.
Once you are convicted of DUI charges, your options are limited, and you are bound to appear in court. Finding an experienced attorney to represent you is essential, because without one you might be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Therefore, the attorneys in FWB view website that you want are the ones most experienced with DUI cases.
What are the consequences of DUI charges?
1) Suspension of your license
If you are proven guilty of DUI offense, your license can be suspended for a specific period. Suspension of your license means you are denied driving privileges for a particular amount of time. You need to look for alternative means of transport for those months.
2) Lose your job
If you are a professional driver, there is a chance that you could lose your job over having your license taken away. The court might …
When it comes to family laws, there have been many changes when it comes to the structure since the introduction of a single family court and compulsory mediation. Aside from this, there is also a notion that the court should be the last resort when it comes to legal separation.
Most divorcing couples nowadays resort to a more flexible and practical method which is known as arbitration. In this kind of setting, couples aim to resolve the issues on finances and properties in connection with their separation. An arbitrator needs to be appointed by both sides that will help them arrive a binding decision. It’s the job of the arbitrator to listen to their client’s woes.
The arbitration is an alternative to court hearings. When the attempt to settle the dispute fails, then that is the time to look into the issue usign an arbitration.
Advantages of Arbitration
The good thing about arbitration is its flexibility. Both parties can choose where, when, and how it will be implemented. You can choose to hold in the arbitrator’s office or you can set a specific venue for that. Arbitrations are useful when it comes to resolving discrete issues as …
Bullying has become a problem, especially in schools and also thanks to the rise of social media. It is always a good idea to talk to the school when an issue arises. But there are times when it gets so bad that legal advice and legal representation is needed.
What is Bullying?
Bullying is defined as the use of superior strength or influence to intimidate or force someone to do something. This often happens in an educational setting. There are different forms of bullying and in the state of Pennsylvania, bullying also includes cyber bullying.
Types of Bullying
Bullying can take place in different forms. The following are the most common and recognized types of bullying.
Physical – This type of bullying often includes pushing, punching, kicking, spitting or intentionally tripping someone among other physical acts that cause physical, emotional and mental harm.
Verbal – This type of bullying includes things like name calling, teasing, inappropriate comments or threatening comments among other verbal acts that can cause harm to someone.
Social – This type of bullying includes spreading rumors or causing embarrassment in front of a group of people. This can also include tarnishing someone’s reputation by making …
One of the biggest and most divisive issues in American politics right now is gun control. With each new, mass shooting (defined as four or more victims), antagonism continues to build between both sides of the gun control argument.
The Different Sides of the Gun Control Argument
Those who call for stricter gun regulations fear for safety in the country. The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence revealed that around 114,994 people are shot each year in the U.S.; this includes murders, assaults, accidents, suicide attempts, suicide and police intervention. Opponents of stricter gun control, on the other hand, are more afraid of the loss of safety. They are adamant that the right to bear arms ensures citizens are able to protect themselves day-to-day, and – in a worse-case scenario – from a government that turns against its people.
What You Need to Know about Current Guns Laws
A recent Pew Research Center Survey estimated that 42 percent of U.S. adults in 2017 lived in a household with a gun, and around 30 percent owned a gun themselves. This number has most likely increased, due to “panic buying” brought on by fears of more gun control. While gun regulations vary …